IBM Flex System V7000 Storage 4939-A29 (4939-A29)
get a quick quote
- The 4939 is an IBM Flex System V7000 Storage Node that is an integrated storage system for IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex System, designed to deliver high performance, advanced function, high availability, and modular and scalable storage capacity.
- The IBM 4939 Model A29 is a Flex System V7000 Expansion Enclosure.
- IBM PureFlex System is a new category of systems that integrates multiple server architectures, networking, storage, and system management capability into a single system.
- IBM Flex System V7000 Storage Node is a powerful block storage system designed to integrate into the IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex System infrastructure for extremely rapid storage deployment and breakthrough management simplicity.
- Is built on the industry-leading storage virtualization and efficiency capabilities of IBM Storwize V7000
- Features sophisticated storage technologies including thin provisioning, automated tiering, external storage virtualization, Real-time Compression, clustering, replication, and a next-generation graphical user interface (GUI)
- Supports 8Gb Fibre Channel (FC) and 10Gb Ethernet Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI host connectivity
- Supports twenty-four 2.5-inch 6Gb SAS drives, nearline drives, and solid state drives per enclosure
- Scalable to 240 drives per system and 960 drives per clustered system with the attachment of Flex System V7000 and Storwize V7000 expansion enclosures